Thursday, January 24, 2008

MEDIA ADVISORY: THIS WEB SITE IS FULL OF SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION

New Green Blog Pokes Fun at Green World While Delivering Real News & Advocacy
It's called MrGreenie. His tag line is "It's a Green World. You might as well Rant with it"

MrGreenie.com just launched and it is a web site anyone interested in the green world should check out. An unusual but effective (disaffected?) combination of real news, commentary with blatant attitude, fake green news and excellent cartoons, MrGreenie takes you to a place unlike any other.

MrGreenie is a bid mad. Mad and Mad. The Onion meets Grist or TreeHugger meets Mad Magazine. We skyped with the anonymous blogger. He refuses to go public with his identity he said "Unless you invite me out for a drink. Better yet, let's meet at the next Green Drinks and then you can take me out to dinner and I'll show you my real passport."

Inspired by other web sites and green advocates, MrGreenie is one man's take on all things green. Deliberately uncensored in terms of style and content. "I can't help be myself" said MrGreenie "One day I might want to write a about a real issue like recycling in NYC or write a travel column and the next day I might feel like making fun of something or commenting about some experience I had that I needed to vent about."

Indeed the web site is somewhat schizophrenic but it somehow works because the writing is so raw and good. There is a deliberate lack of design. The background color and format make you feel like you are looking in an old brown paper journal where someone traveling around with a backpack would jot things down hurriedly on a train or bus.

"I know lots of the other big green bloggers out there now. At first I thought I was completely insane for trying to blend the real with the surreal but then I thought, who cares? If I fall flat on my face it wouldn't be the end of the world. The world is doing enough to speed up our mutual destruction. There's no need for me to worry about that."

No comments:

Jet Pack Man

Jet Pack Man
Click on Photo to See Video