Saturday, March 22, 2008

GAY BASHING AND GLOBAL WARMING


GAY BASHING AND GLOBAL WARMING:
Why Social Climate in Gay Rights Mirrors Perception of Global Climate Change

Out of sight. Out of mind. That's what the U.S. military calls accepting gays in the military. We don't see them. They don't exist. We're okay with the problem not existing.

Doesn't this sound much like what lots of people
think about Global Warming and getting off oil? I don't see drowning Polar Bears or rising sea levels so I can just put the notion out of my head, hop in my gas guzzling SUV and go see the last Hollywood flick about the war in Iraq that also does not exist. (But it looks so good when those hot hunks that all look like they are in a Calvin Klein underwear ad take their shirts off in the desert)

And surely there's no gay folk over there fighting in Iraq cause they
don't exist either.

So my point is - if we let ourselves be in denial about or passively accept one thing (like Gay Bashing for instance) it might just help us be in denial about something else. (Global Warming and The War in Iraq maybe?)

Oklahoma State Legislator Sally Kern can give you a good glimpse about how America still accepts either blatantly or passively open gay bashing. If you have not heard Kern's recent diatribe you need to hear it now. She says gay people are worse than terrorists and are a bigger thereat to America. (I guess she means all of us gays should all be killed because that's what our country is supposed to be doing in Iraq, killing terrorists)

Here's a link to a video that viraled on YouTube in response to the Oklahona Legislator's anti gay diatribe. .

Watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxk7glmMbo

Think if all those trillions of dollars we are spending in Iraq were put into research for renewable energy technology. We wouldn't so desperately need all of that oil.

It's time to stop being out of sight out of mind about a lot of things. I have read psychologists who say that being in denial is often a coping mechanism. Well, I don't know about you. But I am not sure if I can cope much longer.

Gays aren't terrorists. The War is totally screwed up on a magnitude so large it is truly scary. And all of us black, yellow, white, gay, straight, Muslim, Jew, Atheist, whatever, better figure out how to fix the problem of how we are addicted to old behavior and clinging to prejudiced notions from the past that are destroying our planet.

No comments:

Jet Pack Man

Jet Pack Man
Click on Photo to See Video